Case involving huge marijuana grow, alleged cultivation, and alleged money laundering in Butte County results in straight probation
Motion for release of individual confined for almost nine years at the Napa State Hospital after jury verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity was granted two months after Bay Area Criminal Lawyers was hired to handle the case and fix the interminable and ongoing confinement issue. The prosecution's motion for continuing indefinite confinement was dismissed and denied.
Our client was validated as a gang member in a high security California prison, denied good time/work time credits, and locked down in administrative segregation 23.5 hours a day.His release date was decreed by the CDCR to be five years later than initially calculated. BACL's motion for post-conviction relief succeeded in all respects. The client was released into the general population with good time/work time credits restored and his original release date five years earlier.
Retrial in 50 to life sexual misconduct case in San Mateo County resulted in mistrial, followed by complete dismissal of all charges. Client released to family day prior to Thanksgiving.
Trial in 45 year serious sex and molestation case in San Mateo County initially resulted in 38 month no contest plea after defense motions to suppress were granted; and later resulted in all sexually related charges and lifetime registration being dismissed and immediate release of client after motion to vacate the plea due to prosecutorial misconduct in withholding favorable information at the trial was GRANTED.
Arson Investigation resulted in no charges being filed after BACL was hired to deal with the matter.
Surgeon who was facing suspension of his medical license for alleged criminal conduct had all issues with the medical board dismissed after BACL secured a dismissal of all misdemeanor charges.
Psychiatrist who was facing loss of his practice and livelihood avoided any issues, and was able to avoid custody after BACL was hired to fix and have withdrawn a previously imposed jail sentence, and a previously sustained conviction that may have seriously affected his license.
Individual who was represented by an appointed lawyer at his trial for federal copyright violations was convicted on all counts and sentenced to an extended term in federal prison with an imminent surrender date. BACL was hired. The surrender date was vacated, and the client, after extensive motions and an ongoing hearing, was granted bail during the pendency of his appeal. BACL is currently handling the appeal, with the opening brief filed subject to a ruling by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on an application to file a brief significantly longer than ordinarily permitted by the rules of the federal court of appeals.
Employed family man was charged with improper sexual assault in San Francisco. The initial charges were dismissed, and the client served no time in jail and was not required to register as a sex offender.
Client's felony marijuana charges in Marin County were dismissed in their entirety after negotiation with the District Attorney and a hearing before the Court.
Client in federal court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco was facing weapons and narcotics charges involving a minimum mandatory federal sentence of five years in federal prison. After BACL got involved in the case, the client received a sentence of five months jail and five months home detention, and the weapons charges and minimum mandatory charges were dismissed.
Army officer facing 20 years in connection with sex charges in San Mateo County was released after 8 months with a chance to save his military career.
Acquittal in three strikes case in Sonoma County in which client was facing charges for assault on a police officer and an attempt to grab that same officer's firearm.
Misdemeanor domestic violence and assault charges dismissed in their entirety in Alameda County after BACL prepared for trial, investigated the case, and announced ready at trial call with evidence to defeat the charges.
Charges relating to illegal operation of a house of prostitution in Stanislaus County dismissed in their entirety after BACL was hired, looked into the matter, and spoke to the District Attorney and City Attorney.
Restraining Order request and temporary restraining order against a federal law enforcement officer dismissed in their entirety after a hearing within 45 days of BACL being hired in a matter that had been ongoing for several years.
Domestic violence charges involving injury dismissed in Alameda County when BACL prepared for and declared ready for trial after a complete investigation with witnesses ready. Client served several weekends in jail on lesser charge permitting him to continue his job without interruption.
Sex and witness tampering case in Alameda County resulted in a mistrial and no convictions after a six week trial.
Assault and drug charges dismissed in their entirety in Santa Clara County.
Client had property seized from him by federal authorities at SFO. BACL contested the administrative proceeding and all property was returned to the client.
- Burglary case in Santa Clara County
- Large federal/state marijuana grow matter in Butte County
- Multiple DUI case in Sacramento County
- Marijuana/Gun matter in Sonoma County
- Sexual Assault case in Sonoma County
- Rape case in San Mateo County
- Shoplifting case in San Mateo County
- Federal wire fraud case involving scheme to illegally sell i-phones in United States District Court in San Francisco
- Numerous DUI cases in San Mateo and San Francisco Counties
- Child Molest and Rape Matter in Contra Costa County
- Marijuana and Money Laundering case in Mendocino County
- Attempted Murder, Shooting Matter in Contra Costa County
- White Collar Document Fraud in San Francisco County
- Dog Mauling Involuntary Manslaughter Case in Contra Costa County
- Weapons and Marijuana Case in San Mateo County
- DUI Appeal in San Mateo County
- Major Federal Appeal of Criminal Copyright Conviction in United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Representing Two Witnesses in Ongoing Homicide Trials
- Post-Conviction Relief Matter involving improper Gang Segregation and Deprivation of Credits in State Prison
- Post-Conviction Relief Matter in Federal Court attacking ineffective assistance of counsel in murder conviction of 16 year old girl
- Sexual Batter Misdemeanor in Contra Costa County
- Federal child pornography investigation in federal court in San Francisco
- Major methamphetamine conspiracy in federal court in Sacramento
- Insurance fraud investigation by the California Department of Insurance
- Major crack cocaine wiretap case in federal court in San Francisco
- Major gang, wiretap, weapons and methamphetamine case in federal court in Fresno
- Identity theft conspiracy in federal court in Fresno
- Prison weapons case in federal court in Fresno
- Vehicular manslaughter case in Solano County
- Child pornography distribution and possession case in federal court in Oakland
- Federal Habeas post-conviction relief case involving murder, drug conspiracy and weapons in federal court in Brooklyn, New York
- Juvenile vandalism case in Alameda County
* * * * *